jmeter-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From raditha dissanayake <radi...@mediasolv.com>
Subject Re: Modifying parameters in a request
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2001 14:16:38 GMT
Hi,

To do what i have suggested below you need to add a modification manager 
and work with the asterix (html link parser) exactly as Michael  has 
suggested. I guess i should have added that in my post. Thanks for 
pointing it out michael. However it will only process active links on 
the page immidiately before the modifications manager (or that's how it 
behaved when i tried it anyway)

Thus if you wanted to hit a particular page (eg somepage.jsp) with 
different values for the parameters you need to make sure that the 
previous page has different links to this page with the parameters. All 
this is without having to recompile Jmeter.

Of course michael you are right again when you say you can do this with 
a  new implementation of the Modifier interface. But i think just 
changing the jsp (or php or asp) or what ever will be easier in most cases.

thanx and best regards.



Stover, Michael wrote:

> It's not a modification to any existing files, it's just a new
> implementation of the org.apache.jmeter.config.Modifier interface.  This
> interface has but one method:
> 
> public boolean modifyEntry(Entry entry);
> 
> So, and entry gets passed to you, and you get an opportunity to modify it
> (hence the name of the interface!).  Of course, to be a good JMeter citizen,
> you should also extend AbstractConfigElement.java and implement those
> methods appropriately (look to
> org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.modifier.AnchorModifier as an example).
> This is real simple stuff.  Oh hell, here's an example implementation that
> will replace an argument with "*" as it's value with increasing numbers.
> I'm sure this doesn't do exactly what you want, but you can modify it to
> suit your needs.  Unfortunately, I couldn't test it, because JMeter seems to
> be broken right now, but this should get you started even if there is some
> minor flaw in my code logic....
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> -Mike
> 
> 
>>-----Original Message-----
>>From: raditha dissanayake [mailto:raditha@mediasolv.com]
>>Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2001 10:32 PM
>>To: JMeter Users List
>>Subject: Re: Modifying parameters in a request
>>
>>
>>Hi,
>>Michael is right about having to make a modification to the 
>>modification 
>>manager.
>>
>>I can however suggest a work around. Since you are working with jsp 
>>anyway please try adding a bit of code that produces the html for all 
>>the cases.
>>For example to invoke:
>>	somepage.jsp?val=1
>>	somepage.jsp?val=2
>>	somepage.jsp?val=43
>>add the code to the jsp immidiately before the modification 
>>manager to 
>>produce output similar to:
>>
>><a href="somepage.jsp?val=1">1</a>
>><a href="somepage.jsp?val=2">2</a>
>><a href="somepage.jsp?val=43">43</a>
>>
>>It's ugly but it works for me :-))
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>Arthur Senator wrote:
>>
>>
>>>Any idea/hints of how can I do it in the interim ?
>>>Thanks
>>>Ari
>>>
>>>-----Original Message-----
>>>From: Stover, Michael [mailto:Michael.Stover@usa.xerox.com]
>>>Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2001 9:08 AM
>>>To: 'JMeter Users List'
>>>Subject: RE: Modifying parameters in a request
>>>
>>>
>>>A new implementation of Modifier would need to be made to 
>>>
>>do this.  Should
>>
>>>be very easy to do.
>>>
>>>-Mike
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>-----Original Message-----
>>>>From: Arthur Senator [mailto:asenator@synapsemail.com]
>>>>Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2001 6:22 PM
>>>>To: 'jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org'
>>>>Subject: Modifying parameters in a request
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>How do I send different values in am original  request's 
>>>>query string for
>>>>each request ?
>>>>For example thread A will call somepage.jsp?val=1 and thread B
>>>>somepage.jsp?val=2
>>>>
>>>>According to what I understand from the documentation - a 
>>>>
>>Modification
>>
>>>>Manager can only modify links returning as an Html response 
>>>>(which is not my
>>>>case here)
>>>>
>>>>Is there a controller that can do that or programmatic way ?
>>>>btw- if someone has any sample script (jmx file) - that would 
>>>>be great - u
>>>>can email me :)
>>>>thx
>>>>Ari
>>>>
>>>>The information in this transmission is privileged and 
>>>>confidential and is
>>>>intended only for the recipients listed above. If you have 
>>>>received this
>>>>transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately 
>>>>by E-mail and
>>>>delete the original message
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>--
>>>>To unsubscribe, e-mail:   
>>>><mailto:jmeter-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
>>>>For additional commands, e-mail: 
>>>><mailto:jmeter-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>
>>>>
>>>--
>>>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>>><mailto:jmeter-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
>>>For additional commands, e-mail:
>>><mailto:jmeter-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>
>>>
>>>--
>>>To unsubscribe, e-mail:   
>>>
>><mailto:jmeter-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
>>
>>>For additional commands, e-mail: 
>>>
>><mailto:jmeter-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>
>>
>>
>>-- 
>>Raditha Dissanayake
>>raditha@mediasolv.com
>>http://www.mediasolv.com/?rd
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>--
>>To unsubscribe, e-mail:   
>><mailto:jmeter-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
>>For additional commands, e-mail: 
>><mailto:jmeter-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>
>>
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> --
> To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <mailto:jmeter-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
> For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:jmeter-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>
> 
> IntegerIteratorModifier.java
> 
> Content-Type:
> 
> application/octet-stream
> Content-Encoding:
> 
> quoted-printable
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Part 1.3
> 
> Content-Type:
> 
> text/plain
> 
> 


-- 
Raditha Dissanayake
raditha@mediasolv.com
http://www.mediasolv.com/?rd





--
To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <mailto:jmeter-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:jmeter-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>


Mime
View raw message