jmeter-user mailing list archives

From raditha dissanayake <radi...@mediasolv.com>
Subject Re: proxy.
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2001 03:29:24 GMT

Hi,
if you Jmeter proxy server and your browser are both behind the firewall
there probably wouldn't be any inteference.
Most firewalls are configured to allow access within the lan to any
port. Usualy but your admin may have blocked this port.

if this is the case you can change your proxy to listen in on port 80,
which is rarely blocked.

There is indeed an error in the jmeter proxy server. A few of us have
submitted patches for this error in the proxy. I am sure it would have
been fixed in one of the more recent nightly builds of jmeter 1.7

hope this helps.

Samer Forzley wrote:

> I guess one of the problems i am facing is that the tool is set up behind a
> firewall. normally using my browser i set up a proxy server to get out on the
> internet. so with Jmeter how can i set up the proxy to clear the firewall.
>
> for example in Netscape under proxy i have to set up proxy.mydomain.com:8080
> where can i do this in Jmeter.
>
> thanks
>
> Michael Morris wrote:
>

>>I don't quite know what your problem is but I do know that I have had
>>trouble with the Proxy in a version of JMeter which I downloaded last week.
>>Try the latest download and see if it is any better.
>>
>>Michael

Raditha Dissanayake
raditha@mediasolv.com
http://www.mediasolv.com