jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Nathan Fiedler <nfied...@geoworks.com>
Subject Re: how to deal with jsessionid cookie?
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2001 20:05:40 GMT
On Thu, 2001-12-20 at 05:24, Henrik Ridder wrote:
> > The header for User-Agent is there in an attempt to get the cookies
> > working, per Henrik's response to Michael's question yesterday. I've
> > tried putting both the cookie manager and header manager under the
> > simple controller, but that made no difference.
>
> I didn't run the script with the proxy.
> I just used this proxy to record a sample script.

That's what I meant. Sorry if that was unclear.

When I visit our server directly from the browser, the cookie and
user-agent headers are as expected. When visited through the JMeter
proxy server, the user-agent is "Java1.3.1_01" and the cookie header is
not included in the request.

Here is my jmx file:

<TestPlan>
<threadgroups>
<ThreadGroup name="ThreadGroup" numThreads="10" rampUp="0">
<controllers>
<LoopController type="org.apache.jmeter.control.LoopController"
name="Loop Controller" iterations="-1">
<configElements>
</configElements>
<controllers>
<Controller type="org.apache.jmeter.control.LogicController"
name="Simple Controller">
<configElements>
<CookieManager name="HTTP Cookie Manager">
</CookieManager>

<HeaderManager name="HTTP Header Manager">
<ConfigElement type="org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.control.Header">
<property name="name">User-Agent</property>
<property name="value">Mozilla/4.78 [en] (X11; U; Linux 2.4.16
i686)</property>
</ConfigElement>
</HeaderManager>

</configElements>