jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Koen Janssens <koen.janss...@alcatel.be>
Subject Re: Attainable Load
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2001 08:26:39 GMT
I got some troubles as soon as i tried to use about 20 threads. This was
because i was testing a HTTP1.1 server (silverstream) using jmeter on JDK1.3.
The JDK1.3 does not seem to implement the HTTP1.1 protocol correctly. I got
around this by using good old jdk1.2 (which implements HTTP1.0) to run
jmeter.  Now I can get up to fifty threads. After that, weird things seem to
happen on the server. I think it has something to do whith the LDAP server
silverstream uses for authentication. It seems that this LDAP server likes to
take a lot of TCP connections, leading to random ServiceNotAvailable
exceptions. But this is ofcourse not a limitation of jmeter.