jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Illan Colombick" <il...@global.co.za>
Subject null pointer exception using MailerVisualizer
Date Wed, 30 May 2001 13:48:17 GMT

Hello,

In trying to use the MailerVisualizer, I get a null pointer exception
when I press the test button, and I don't get email when I run the
samples. From the  error messages and the source code it seems
clear that MailerVisualizer.newAddressVector() is being passed a
null address string, and in fact that all the mailer fields are null even
though I of course fill them in. Is this a known problem, or am I
doing something wrong?

Any help much appreciated, as I cannot seem to access a
comprehensive archive of this list and do a search.

message dump:
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.util.StringTokenizer.<init>(StringTokenizer.java:122)
        at java.util.StringTokenizer.<init>(StringTokenizer.java:138)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.visualizers.MailerVisualizer.newAddressVector(M
aile
rVisualizer.java:331)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.visualizers.MailerVisualizer.add(MailerVisualizer.j
ava:360)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.visualizers.VisualizerContainer.sampleOccurred(
Visu
alizerContainer.java:173)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThreadAdapter.fireSampleOccurre
dEvent
(JMeterThreadAdapter.java:277)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThreadAdapter.sample(JMeterThre
adAdap
ter.java:256)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.thread.HTTPJMeterThread.run(HTTP
JMete
rThread.java:154)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
### Test To:  null, Via:  null, Fail Subject:  null, Success Subject:
null
### Test To:  null, Via:  null, Fail Subject:  null, Success Subject:
null
### Test To:  null, Via:  null, Fail Subject:  null, Success Subject:
null
### Test To:  null, Via:  null, Fail Subject:  null, Success Subject:
null

Thanks,

Illan Colombick
IT Development