jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Lisa Yanchunis" <lisa.yanchu...@ilg.com>
Subject Connection refused error
Date Wed, 09 May 2001 21:29:42 GMT
I am receiving a connection refused exception with JMeter 1.6.  The
complete trace follows.  The only place I see this exception is in the
JMeter console. It starts happening relatively easily (at around 32
threads is where I first noticed it). It doesn't show at the database
(oracle), appserver (Inprise 4.5) or webserver (Tomcat) or anywhere in
any of my logging.  Is this a JMeter problem?  Should I try an earlier
version of JMeter?  It doesn't cause the test to crash, but I can't show
for certain the load/time numbers if connections are not being
completed.

Thanks in advance

Lisa

The exception:

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:312)
        at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:125)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:112)
        at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(NetworkClient.java:50)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:331)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:517)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(HttpClient.java:267)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(HttpClient.java:277)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:289)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(HttpURLConnection.ja
va:379)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.j
ava:271)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.j
ava:111)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:133)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)