jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Bruce Barrett <br...@ebrary.com>
Subject Re: Help testing Servlet... -- Save/Open test case
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2001 04:49:55 GMT
Hi Eduardo,
  I can only help with #3, I'm new at this 'game'...

>Hello,
>
>I have been trying to get JMeter configured in such a way to test our
>Servlet.  I have run into several problems.
>
><snipping 1 & 2>
>3. Saving: I went to File/Save and created a .jmx file.  I closed JMeter and
>when I ran it again I was not able to load that same file.  I selected the
>file and clicked on the Open button, but nothing happened.

A. Page: http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/installing.html of the install instructions says,
under "requirements"...

 SAX 1.0 XML Parser [optional] The SAX 1.0 libraries and a SAX compliant parser are necassary
for restoring of saved HTTPSamples and to compile Apache JMeter. In the spirit of solidarity
we recomend Apache's own Xerces parser.

It's also in the readme file.

B. When I noticed that some things did not save I received this kind response from Mike:

>It's true that there are currently no Timers or Listeners that correctly save
>and load themselves, which appears to be the things you're noticing.
>ConfigElements, Controllers, and ThreadGroup elements should all come back,
>however.

So, bottom line, for now you SHOULD be able to save test scenarios, but you'll have to add
back in the listeners and timers every time.

All the best,

Bruce
--
Bruce Barrett		bruce@ebrary.com