jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: Release 5.4.1
Date Sat, 09 Jan 2021 15:28:32 GMT

> Hello,
> First best wishes for 2021 for all the team, I hope you're all doing
> fine !
>
> Second, I think we should release a 5.4.1 now.
> On my side I've been testing it for few days on Mac OSX and I also
> made some tests on Windows, my colleague did it on Linux.
>
> The last bug on JTree due to Darklaf
> (https://github.com/weisJ/darklaf/issues/228) was already there in 5.3
> and it's not that problematic.
>
> WDYT ?

I would like to hear your opinion on the bugs 65053 and 65034.

Bug 65053 is about downgrading JSONPath to 2.4.0 due to a bug with regex
parsing. I think we could go back to 2.4.0 without loosing too much.

Bug 65034 is about an old bug(?) in handling reading of binarytcpclient
when no EOM is set. Those requests will always fail (at least in my
tests). I think we should change the behaviour for the case when no EOM
is given to not fail on SocketTimeoutException.

Apart from that, I am in favour of releasing soon (or even now :) )

Felix

> [...]
>     great ;) in the mean time I will try to test on windows, too.
>
>     Regards
>      Felix
>
>     >
>     >>
>     >> Regards
>     >>  Felix
>     >>
>     >>
>     >> >
>     >> >Thanks
>     >> >
>     >> >On Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 10:58 AM Milamber <milamber@apache.org
>     <mailto:milamber@apache.org>>
>     >wrote:
>     >> >
>     >> >>
>     >> >> I can release version 5.4.1. Now?
>     >> >>
>     >> >> On 10/12/2020 21:17, Felix Schumacher wrote:
>     >> >> > Hi all,
>     >> >> >
>     >> >> > I think, we have waited long enough, to give people time for
>     >> >feedback on
>     >> >> > the last release.
>     >> >> >
>     >> >> > Let's do another release. Who would like to act as RM?
>     >> >> >
>     >> >> > Regards
>     >> >> >
>     >> >> >   Felix
>     >> >> >
>     >> >> > PS. I will test the next RC with Windows
>     >> >> >
>     >> >> > Am 07.12.20 um 16:06 schrieb Felix Schumacher:
>     >> >> >> Am 07.12.20 um 13:58 schrieb Philippe Mouawad:
>     >> >> >>> Hello,
>     >> >> >>> It looks like we may need to release a 5.4.1 due to
some
>     >> >regressions
>     >> >> and
>     >> >> >>> issues with Darklaf.
>     >> >> >> Yes, it certainly looks like a soon next release. I would
>     like
>     >> >wait a
>     >> >> >> few days, to see, if more problems get reported (not weeks,
>     >> >though).
>     >> >> >>
>     >> >> >>
>     >> >> >>> Regarding Darklaf, we are having constantly since
it was
>     >> >introduced
>     >> >> issues
>     >> >> >>> with it on different platforms. Jannis is very reactive
>     to fix
>     >> >those
>     >> >> issues
>     >> >> >>> which is great.
>     >> >> >>>
>     >> >> >>> But the issues are very impacting in terms of UI experience
>     >(at
>     >> >least
>     >> >> the
>     >> >> >>> ones I faced in the past) and we are still not stable.
>     >> >> >>>
>     >> >> >>> How can we do to make our releases more robust ?
>     >> >> >>> It looks like our automated test don't detect them.
And the