jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "gradlew eclipse" is broken in master branch
Date Sun, 15 Nov 2020 21:47:43 GMT
Philippe>It is broken for me as it generates broken .classpath files.

Have you tried File → Import... -> Existing Gradle project ?
I'm not sure if "gradlew eclipse" works, however, I know "gradlew idea" has
been deprecated long ago (by both Gradle and IDEA).

Felix>I have another problem with the eclipse setup. It is because the class
Felix>JMeterTestCase is located in 'core' in the test classes, it is not
Felix>exported to the subprojects anymore and the tests in the subprojects
are
Felix>marked as errors, because the parent classes can't be found.

Technically speaking, it is visible to other projects when building with
Gradle and/or IDEA.
For instance, src/functions/build.gradle.kts has the following

testImplementation(project(":src:core", "testClasses"))

It means testImplementation "classpath" includes "testClasses" from
":src:core" project.
Frankly speaking, "dependencies among test artifacts" is not something I
like, however, I did that to minimize code changes.

Now it might be the time to move "common" logic to its own testkit module
(or several modules).
In other words, it would be a module that is used as a testing dependency
only (and it would not be included in the binary release).

WDYT?

Vladimir