jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HTTP Request: Modify Timeout Default Values
Date Tue, 08 May 2018 07:14:26 GMT
1) The timeout property is there so the ones who do do understand can tweak
it

2) In case you mean "JMeter fails to stop/terminate in presence of long
requests" (e.g.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/16286500/jmeter-http-request-hangs-probably-on-overloaded-network
),
then it should be addressed separately.

I believe, JMeter should stop all the thread groups/samplers as per
scheduler configuration.
Does it terminate http requests in question?
If it does what is the issue then?

>You mean something like:
>   - Threads on pending request
>   - Thread waiting

Exactly. Current JMeter UI (and console mode as well) gives no clue on what
the threads are doing. Are they hitting the server? Are they waiting?
How many of them are stuck on a single request for 5+seconds?
I'm not sure which states to show, however that could greatly simplify
analysis of "incorrect timer placement, etc, etc".

Note: timeout of 30 seconds is way too big to be user-friendly in terms of
"immediate feedback on wrong configuration".
As I start a test, I would like to get some feedback within 5 seconds. Has
it been started? Is it stuck?

>I didn't find answers regarding default values.

The idea there is "the defaults are very high". Newbies could be screwed if
JMeter behaves very different from a regular browser (e.g. 30 second
timeout instead of 1500).

Vladimir