jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Usage of default values in start scripts
Date Sun, 07 Jan 2018 14:33:33 GMT
A recent change (r1820380) reminds me of an issue I have with the start
scripts. I don't think it is a good idea to hardcode user-changeable
values in the start scripts. The user will have to edit the script each
time we ship a new version.

In tomcat we source in a env.sh (env.bat) from a known position in the
filesystem where the user can set her own values. Those will override
the default values from the start script.

Values I would like to see set in such a env.bat would include

  * JAVA_HOME/JRE_HOME
  * JMETER_OPTS
  * HEAP
  * JMETER_LANGUAGE