jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Emilian Bold <emilian.b...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: http2 support
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2017 04:22:00 GMT
See this reply https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/a08c9c77b9cce401043bc58cef303ed7501705e48243e17ec1a7f145@%3Clegal-discuss.apache.org%3E
confirming we are OK including the code:

> > Now, this is precisely my plan. So -- it's perfectly fine to handle
> > things this way:
> >
> > 1. Import 3rd party source code without a formal IP clearance and just
> > reference the existing license info in the NOTICE file
> > 2. Distribute the 3rd party source code with formal Apache releases
> > and build binary plugin JARs ourselves.
> > 3. Try to submit our fixes upstream. Perhaps highlight our changes to
> > the 3rd party source code in the NOTICE file
>
> NOTICE is for legally-required attributions. But it's ok to include comments about what
you changed. From the alv2.0: "You may add Your own attribution notices within Derivative
Works that You distribute, alongside or as an addendum to the NOTICE text from the Work, provided
that such additional attribution notices cannot be construed as modifying the License."

> 4. You didn't explicitly mention it, but do not change the headers in the source.
>
> I'd say this is a good plan.

So now it's just a matter of deciding if we include the plugins or
not, but Apache 2.0 code should not be a problem as per the answer
above. No IP clearance required, just a NOTICE update like we do for
any new library.

--emi

On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 11:07 PM, Philippe Mouawad
<philippe.mouawad@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> Also one note on HTTP2. I didn't find any possibility to record http2 which
> IMO is a mandatory feature.
>
> Oleg from HC project had pointed to a class that would have allowed this.
> But on Jetty I don't see a way to do that.
>

> Regards
>
> On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 9:37 PM, Emilian Bold <emilian.bold@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> > I have already asked Andrei wether he would be ready to contribute it, at
>> > that time he was not.
>> > But maybe we can ask again.
>>

>> I will be asking again.

>> > I see the thread is big now :-)
>> > So I wasn't wrong thinking it was not that easy
>>

>> As with anything Apache there are many opinions. I have yet to get a clear
>> answer backed by some documentation. I think we will be fine using them.
>>

>> > Yes. But maybe on this topic, Emilian is doing something :-)
>>
>> Google Cloud next. Hopefully by November.
>>

>> --emi
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 10:33 PM, Philippe Mouawad <
>> philippe.mouawad@gmail.com> wrote:

>> find.

>> > CA
>> >
>> > It would be the best option.

>> > I hope so.

>> > I see the thread is big now :-)
>> > So I wasn't wrong thinking it was not that easy

>> emilian.bold@gmail.com>

>> of

>> > dependencies

>> benefit