jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: http2 support
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2017 19:25:53 GMT
On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 9:21 PM, Emilian Bold <emilian.bold@gmail.com> wrote:

> > AFAIK, unless the project donates their code to JMeter, we cannot take it
> as it would be a license infringement at minimum.
>
> It's open source under the Apache 2.0 license. The license itself allows
> you to bundle it with JMeter proper. Of course, it won't be owned by the
> ASF but you can have it as a dependency.
>
> You could also "fork" it (or "vendor" it) if you want to add some patches.

AFAIK, we need for this the owner to make a donation as piece of code is
important.
There is IP clearance process at Apache for that. I doubt that we can take
it as is or fork it, but I'm not an expert in those matters.
Maybe Andrei can tell us more.

> Have there been any talks with CA Technologies / Blazemeter to perhaps
> donate the plugin to the ASF?
>
> > Would you like to work on its implementation ?
>
> Why would I do that when you have this plugin available under a compatible
> license as well as this other one
> https://github.com/syucream/jmeter-http2-plugin under Apache 2.0 based on
> netty?

I tested this one, it does not work very well.
Looks more like a POC than a stable implementation.

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.