jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <p.moua...@ubik-ingenierie.com>
Subject TCP Sampler
Date Mon, 23 Oct 2017 19:52:07 GMT
Hello,
I am currently playing with TCP Sampler and have noticed some quite
unfriendly things:

   - Adding carriage return is not easy and you need to hack it with some
   PreProcessor:
      - vars.put("LF",URLDecoder.decode("%0D", "ASCII"));
      vars.put("CR",URLDecoder.decode("%0A", "ASCII"));
      - And then in TCP Sample:
         - hello${CR}${LF}
      - => Shouldn't we add something to make it easier ? Ideas ?
      - Handling EOL with Cariage return is also weird, why eol is set to
   1000 instead of 10 for example ?

Component looks very complex to use for a newbie, and even for advanced
users.

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.