jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Andrey Pokhilko <a...@ya.ru>
Subject Re: Having a globalVariables shared accross threads
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2017 11:45:31 GMT
If you don't expose it as "easy" variable - I'm ok with any way you do
it. Requiring JSR233 each time I want to use global variable sounds as a
bit of overkill.

I would seriously think of some naming convention, like "any variable
starting with "global:" is global. Like ${global:myHostName} etc.

Andrey Pokhilko

24.10.2017 14:14, Philippe Mouawad пишет:
> Not in my initial thinking as it could introduce some confusion no ?
> If we do introduce it what would be behaviour ?:
>
> - Seach in Thread Variables ?
> - it not found in Global ?
>
> Or would we introduce a naming convention based on _shared()
>
> ${_shared_varName}
>
> Other ideas ?
>
> On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 1:06 PM, Andrey Pokhilko <apc4@ya.ru> wrote:
>
>> Will there be any way to access it as ${...}? Something like
>> ${shared_varname}?
>>
>> Andrey Pokhilko
>>
>> 24.10.2017 11:32, Philippe Mouawad пишет:
>>> Hi,
>>> It's true users who D RTFM are confused by this concept.
>>> I intended to name it SharedVariables, do you think it's not clear
>> enough ?
>>> From users perspective:
>>>
>>>    - It would be available in JSR223 Test Elements as sharedVariables and
>>>    be manipulated with simplified similar API as JMeterVariables
>> (putObject,
>>>    getObject,removeObject)
>>>
>>> Regards

>>> :