jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject JMeter version numbering
Date Mon, 29 May 2017 20:57:56 GMT
Hello,
I wonder if our versioning strategy is correct if we are supposed to follow
:

   - http://semver.org/

For example, 3.1 and 3.2 should maybe have been named 4.0.0 and 5.0.0
because they both broke backward compatibility by deprecating/removing
elements.

Besides, in terms of communication, they were not minor at all.
Maybe it's time to change this as if you have noticed it, I have read
things like:

   - This is the first major version of JMeter in over 12 years

Which is kind of non sense for me knowing all the features that have been
introduced in 2.X "minor" versions.

Regards

--
Cordialement.