jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From UBIK LOAD PACK Support <supp...@ubikloadpack.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release JMeter 3.2 RC2
Date Sun, 02 Apr 2017 13:08:51 GMT
Hello,
Note this is annoying as fixing it would mean that our plugin would only
support 3.2.
We usually try to support N and N-1 versions to allow for migration.
And this was usually the policy with JMeter releases.

Hope you can take this into account.
Regards

On Sun, Apr 2, 2017 at 3:03 PM, UBIK LOAD PACK Support <
support@ubikloadpack.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> First thanks a lot for all the team for the great work on Apache JMeter
> and thanks to RM !
>
> Now for this release, it appears HeaderManager API has been modified in a
> breaking and undocumented way:
> This method:
>
>    - https://github.com/apache/jmeter/blob/v3_1/src/protocol/
>    http/org/apache/jmeter/protocol/http/control/HeaderManager.java#L268
>    <https://github.com/apache/jmeter/blob/v3_1/src/protocol/http/org/apache/jmeter/protocol/http/control/HeaderManager.java#L268>
>
> Has been modified:
>
>    - https://github.com/apache/jmeter/blob/v3_2_RC2/src/
>    protocol/http/org/apache/jmeter/protocol/http/control/
>    HeaderManager.java#L234
>    <https://github.com/apache/jmeter/blob/v3_2_RC2/src/protocol/http/org/apache/jmeter/protocol/http/control/HeaderManager.java#L234>
>

> This would unfortunately break our plugin.
>
> Is is possible to reintroduce this method and make it deprecated ?
>
> Thanks
> Regards
>
> UbikLoadPack Team
>

> On Sun, Apr 2, 2017 at 12:45 PM, Rainer Jung <rainer.jung@kippdata.de>
> wrote:
>
>> Am 01.04.2017 um 18:23 schrieb Milamber:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> The second release candidate for JMeter 3.2 (r1789808) has been
>>> prepared, and your votes are solicited.
>>>
>>> This release brings new features and fixes bugs.
>>>
>>> Please, test this release candidate (with load tests and/or functional
>>> tests) using Java 8 on Linux/Windows/Mac OS, especially on the changes.
>>> The feedback are welcome.
>>>
>>> You can read the New and Noteworthy section with some screenshots to
>>> illustrate improvements and full list of changes at:
>>> http://home.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-3.2RC2/docs/changes.html
>>>
>>> JMeter is a Java desktop application designed to load test functional
>>> behavior and measure performance. The current version is targeted at
>>> Java 8+.
>>>
>>> Download - Archives/hashes/sigs:
>>>
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/jmeter/v3.2_RC2/
>>> (dist revision r18998)
>>>
>>> RAT report:
>>>
>>> http://home.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-3.2RC2/dist/rat-repo
>>> rt-jmeter-3.2RC2.txt
>>>

>>> MD5 hashes of archives for this vote:
>>>
>>> cfa8095f9c42208eb70caa6a0074558a *apache-jmeter-3.2.tgz
>>> 5d49a7cf94ce4dfebc68ab35f6f686d8 *apache-jmeter-3.2.zip
>>> 2dad5f6366647c93f822c87e64ff24ac *apache-jmeter-3.2_src.tgz