jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: The blank final field LOGGER may not have been initialized
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2017 16:12:03 GMT

Am 20. April 2017 17:29:30 MESZ schrieb Krishna P <purnasatyap@gmail.com>:
>*Apologies for the previous incomplete email. Hit send accidentally. *
>

>*Also, I hope this is the proper forum to ask a development question
>like
>this. If not, let me know where I should post. *
>
>Hi All.
>
>I am trying to build a ElasticSearch Listener based on
>AbstractBackendListenerClient.
>
>Looks like these two libraries are depreciated.
>
>[image: Inline image 2]

The images are stripped by the mailing list software. Just put the names of the libs as text
in the mails. It is simpler and easier to read.

Have a look at http://jmeter.apache.org/changes.html especially the paragraph logging changes.

>import org.apache.jorphan.logging.LoggingManager;
>import org.apache.log.Logger;
>
>and when I use the below line,
>
>private static final Logger LOGGER;
>
>I am getting a following error,
>
>The blank final field LOGGER may not have been initialized.

Where do you get the error? You will have to initialize the field in the constructor.

Regards,
Felix