jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: MultiPart/form-data : Supporting JSON body + file upload
Date Sun, 30 Apr 2017 10:40:35 GMT
> Hello,
> Any thoughts on this ?
No real ideas, sorry. But I think it would be really helpful, if we
could specify the content-type directly. At the moment we have to use a
header manager for this, which is not really user friendly.

Could you draw a wireframe sketch of your idea?

Felix

> Thanks
>
> On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 8:08 PM, Philippe Mouawad <philippe.mouawad@gmail.com
>> wrote:
>> Hello,
>> Any idea on this one ?
>> Thanks
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 10:36 PM, Philippe Mouawad <
>> philippe.mouawad@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> Recent JS libraries (Angular + ng-file-upload for example) allow posting
>>> a request with:
>>> - Parameters  that contains JSON
>>> - 1 or more files
>>>
>>> See:
>>> https://github.com/danialfarid/ng-file-upload#upload-service
>>>
>>> {file: file, info: Upload.jsonBlob({id: id, name: name, ...})} send fields as
json blob, 'application/json' content_type

>>> POST /demo/model HTTP/1.1
>>> Connection: keep-alive
>>> Host: localhost:8081
>>>
>>> --cP4hM4kXJ134rNoUFiCCjcKhk4uzVlZAnFYBdQ
>>>
>>> ‰PNG
>>> binary data here .......
>>>
>>> --cP4hM4kXJ134rNoUFiCCjcKhk4uzVlZAnFYBdQ
>>>
>>> {"modelRequestDTO":{"userTranslation":"dfdfdfd","defaultTranslation":"dfdfdfdfd"},"userDescription":"dfdfdfdfdfdf"}
>>> --cP4hM4kXJ134rNoUFiCCjcKhk4uzVlZAnFYBdQ--
>>>

>>> Simulating this in JMeter is not very easy as you need to use the 3rd tab
>>> and put the json body in a file.
>>>
>>> This make variabilization of JSON content difficult.
>>>
>>> Ideally It would be much better if parameters table could be used,
>>> but it doesn't work as you cannot set Content-Type for parameters.
>>>
>>> How could we implement such case in the GUI ?:
>>>
>>> - Add a new column that would only be used in some case ? not very nice? How
would we decide wether we use it or not ?

>>> - Create some new Component (ParameterContentTypeSetter) that would tell HttpRequest
the Content-Type of each parameter