jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bugzilla and nightly build
Date Sun, 26 Mar 2017 14:47:52 GMT
I see.

The existing "Version" field is intended to record the version to
which the report applies.

There is also an advanced field (click on "Show Advanced Fields")
called "Target Milestone" whose hover text is:

"The Target Milestone field is used to define when the engineer the
bug is assigned to expects to fix it."

This field does not currently have any values, and I'm not sure it's
what is wanted.

AIUI what is being suggested is a field with the version which includes the fix.
Let's call it "Fix version".

When a release has been made, that would be the actual release version.
Prior to that it would be the upcoming release version.

I'm not sure it's necessary to distinguish pending releases from
actual releases in Bugzilla.

It will be more work to maintain Bugzilla if snapshot releases are included.
Instead, the website links can just explain the process, i.e. the Fix
Version is the version of the release in which the fix is included,
and this may be a future release.
This is how many of the Commons components treat the JIRA "Fix version" field.