jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release a 3.2
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2017 23:15:08 GMT
On Tuesday, February 28, 2017, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 28 February 2017 at 22:40, Philippe Mouawad
> <philippe.mouawad@gmail.com <javascript:;>> wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 11:25 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com <javascript:;>>
> wrote:

> >> menu. It
> full

> >> There is only some mention of HttpClient logging there.
> >>
> >> I could not find any description as to how to set the level for a
> >> specific JMeter class.
> >>

> > I think this is pretty easy to find on internet knowing we use log4j2 and
> > slf4j.
> > But if you think we should add some doc, feel free to do it.
>
> Sorry, but that is not good enough.
> I did not want the hassle of changing the logging. You did want the change.

It was an agreement from team. Not only me.
It's Apache way and boyscout rule :),  it's not enough feel free to improve
it.
Search engine results seem good enough for me:
https://lite.qwant.com/?q=log4j2%20configure%20log

> The change was agreed to on the basis that updated documentation was
> essential.
>
> There do not need to be reams of docs, but there should be at least
> couple of sentences as to how to configure the logging that will be
> readily understandable to someone used to the old ways.

What is the best place for it in your opinion ?

I am not saying I'll write it though, as I have contributed already
important time on this.

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.