jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: Release JMeter 3.2 ?
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2017 19:55:35 GMT
I think I said before, that I would like to release often :)

> I see following reasons:
>
>     - There is a regression (See bug 60575)
My fix for 60575 needs tests and review as it changes the contract of
the method getSendParameterValuesAsPostBody.

It returned true if there were no parameters (and thus none with a
name). (Or if getPostBodyRaw() is true)

After the change it returns only true when there are parameters and none
of those have a name. (Or if getPostBodyRaw() is true).

This method is used in POST and PUT as well, but I believe the change to
be correct in both places. too.

>     - We have 9 enhancements and 12  Bug fixes
>     - Some nice features (at least as a current user I find them interesting
>     :-) ):
>        - More space in UI and simpler look
>        - Up to date Browser based on javafx
We might have to warn a bit more about the need for javafx (The default
java for SUSE Leap42.2 seems to have no javafx). Without javafx JMeter
will start, but the results tree view is missing.
>        - Or in response assertion
>        - Replace feature (partial)+ counting
>
> Maybe we can integrate before next release:
>
>     - PR-247
>     - PR-246
>     - PR-245
>     - PR-237
>
> And upgrade some dependencies:
>
>     - jodd which has a lot of perf enhancements that we use in JMeter (for
>     resources extractions)
>     - httpcomponents
>     - maybe more
I would like to link  the converted pdf tutorials and maybe do a bit of
minor tweaks to the look and feel of the web pages (less shadows).

Should the sect-num number of the tutorials be continued from those in
the usermanual section?

> Besides, we did a lot of code changes related to sonar, let's release it.
>
> A last good thing is that we start to release more often.
+1

Felix