jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: Mocking Framework
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2017 20:11:27 GMT
Am 12.01.2017 um 19:47 schrieb Graham Russell:
> Hi all
>
> I've created a branch on github where I've started using Spock -
> https://github.com/ham1/jmeter/tree/spock - I can create a PR if that's
> more useful.
For now that is fine.

Why did you move the test src from test/src to test/src/java? Is it
needed by spock?

> Test compilation works with ant and I can run tests run via my IDE
> (IntelliJ), however, I haven't yet been able to figure out how to run these
> as part of `ant test`.
ant test looks for classes, that can be assigned to TestCase or have
junit annotations. Do spock classes come with those?

> Does someone, with more experience of ant, have some time to look at the
> code and help get it fully working?
>
> I've created two tests, one which replicates an existing test and one for a
> new class.
>
> I really like Spock's given/when/then test structure and built-in
> Mock/Spy/Stubs.
> It is also possible to mock static Java methods with Spock and PowerMock
> (see: https://dzone.com/articles/mocking-static-methods-groovy).
I think it would be nice to have a few more cases, where we can see
mocking and such and the nice tabular data parameters for tests.

Thanks for your contribution so far.
  Felix