jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <p.moua...@ubik-ingenierie.com>
Subject securerandom.source value change in Java 8 vs Java 7
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2017 16:54:00 GMT
Hello,
Anybody knows why in  Java 8 on Mac OSX / Linux / Windows (but is it ) (at
least in last update but maybe in others)  version:

   - securerandom.source=file:/dev/random

While in last Java 7 version:

   - securerandom.source=file:/dev/urandom

>From my experience this could have very bad performance on Linux servers
for example and could block.

Is it because something has changed in Java 8 ?
Reading the comments in java.security file, I don't see / understand what.

Thanks for any feedback.
--
Regards.
Philippe