jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From UBIK LOAD PACK Support <supp...@ubikloadpack.com>
Subject New Popup menu item to apply a Naming Policy
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2016 09:23:02 GMT
Hello,
During the development of Test Plan our customer frequently require that a
naming policy is applied to the Test Plan developed.

This can be for example to :
- Prefix TC with something
- Add a suffix to children of TC

Applying this policy can be cumbersome and is a bit boring.
Would you be interested in making this generic this way:

   - On appliable nodes in Tree add a contextual popup menu (Apply Naming
   Policy)
   - When click on it, JMeter would search in classpath for implementations
   of TreeNodeNamingPolicy. If one is found us it, it many then use a
   configuration property
   - For every child of the parent node, call this policy to name children
   of this node

If you're interested we can contribute a patch

Let us know your thoughts.

Thank you
--

Regards