jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From "Epp, Jeremiah W (Contractor)" <j...@cas.org>
Subject RE: How should no-op setter methods be filed in Bugzilla?
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2016 18:04:21 GMT

You know, I hadn't thought of that!  That could be a promising lead; I'll
take a closer look and see if I can confirm/deny.

If that _is_ the case, what do you suppose would be the correct approach to
fixing the problem?  IMO, the "obvious" solution is to prefer setProperty()
in setter methods.  But that's both ugly to look at and not enforceable in
code, so it only exists by convention (i.e. still really easy to mess it
up).  I believe it would be more robust and sensible to consider this a bug
in SaveService failing to lower user-facing properties so they can be
included in the output.

>> I've tried.  XStream is kind of obtuse, and I'm still trying to figure
>> out the point where the data structure is lowered to a HashTree that
>> SaveService can work with.  If I knew that, I might be able to _fix_ it.
>
> I would love to hear more about this, when you have something to report
> here.

I wonder if someone else here can point me in the right direction?  Sebb?

Cheers,
Wyatt

Confidentiality Notice: This electronic message transmission, including any attachment(s),
may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged information from Chemical Abstracts Service
("CAS"), a division of the American Chemical Society ("ACS"). If you have received this transmission
in error, be advised that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of
this information is strictly prohibited. Please destroy all copies of the message and contact
the sender immediately by either replying to this message or calling 614-447-3600.