jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DOAP dropped from http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/site/doap_JMeter.rdf
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2016 11:34:17 GMT
On 23 November 2016 at 06:55, Milamber <milamber@apache.org> wrote:

> On 23/11/2016 00:41, sebb wrote:
>>
>> On 22 November 2016 at 17:44, Milamber <milamber@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> The svn log show:

>>> r1739835 | sebb | 2016-04-19 01:35:36 +0100 (mar., 19 avril 2016) | 1
>>> line
>>> Changed paths:
>>>     A /jmeter/site/doap_JMeter.rdf (from
>>> /jmeter/trunk/doap_JMeter.rdf:1739834)
>>>     D /jmeter/trunk/doap_JMeter.rdf
>>>
>>> DOAP does not really belong in code
>>>

>>> I can restore the doap file on trunk?
>>>
>> The DOAP file does not really belong in trunk, because it is not code,
>> and does not belong in a release, and we don't want multiple copies in
>> tags.
>>
>> I'm not sure why it was deleted from site when that was updated.
>

> I suppose that was the release process used this svnmucc script:
>
> ---
> rm
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/site
>
> cp
> HEAD
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/branches/docs-3.1/docs
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/site
> ---

Ah, I see.
Not sure how easy it would be to keep just the doap.
One would need to copy it from the appropriate version of site (before
it got removed).
Might be tricky to do reliably

Maybe a simple solution would be to store the DOAP directly under

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/

and fetch it from there.

[To edit a file there means checking out non-recursively.]

Or we could just create a separate folder:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/doap

In each case, the latest DOAP could be copied as part of the svnmucc script.