jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject JDBC PreparedStatement Cache
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2016 18:08:17 GMT
Hi all,

we have a pool for PreparedStatements in AbstractJDBCTestElement, which
has a problem with the wrapped Connections, that are returned by our
jdbc pool. We could fix it, by unwrapping the pool-connection and using
that as key for the cache-map "perConnCache". But this unwrapping would
be special to the used pool implementation and we wanted to be
independent :(

Another thing is, that since jdbc 3.0 there seems to be support for
pooling/cacheing of PreparedStatements in the jdbc driver itself. It
seems, that most major vendors have implemented that cache (see
https://github.com/brettwooldridge/HikariCP/issues/488).

Given these two bits of information I would opt to remove the
perConnCache in order to solve bug 60085.

What do you think?

Felix