jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Html report : New graph Response Time Overview
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2016 21:20:32 GMT
On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 11:34 AM, Vladimir Sitnikov <
sitnikov.vladimir@gmail.com> wrote:

> >It gives a rapid overview of a test results using Apdex thresholds by
> default.
> >Feedback is welcome.
>
> 1) I'm not sure if that graph does provide overview.
>
> As for me, charts are typically used to _compare_ something. I'm not quite
> sure which information provides the graph in 34192.

It is a graph aimed at communicating with management.
I think it gives a better idea of the results.

> As far as I understand, the number of satisfied requests would often
> outweigh the rest, thus those tiny yellow and orange bars would be
> invisible.

Possibly, and it is a result.
Besides if you try it, you will see that when you hover the bar , a
tooltip indicates the number of responses in the interval.

> Have you considered plotting the graph as horizontal stacked bar one?
> At least it would occupy less valuable space in the report.

Try the report, you will see it is not a problem.
But of course if you're willing to improve it , I'll be more than happy.
Design is not my cup of tea.

> For instance (ASCII art of horizontal stacked bar):
> | green | yellow |  orange | errors |
>
> If horizontal axis were in %, then APDEX score can be put there as well as
> some kind of marker.

Patch or commit welcome

> 2) It might make sense to have per-sampler "satisfied threshold".
> Can it be configured?

Not for now.

> PS. Please forgive me for never opening the report, so I have very little
> idea how other graphs are organized.

I don't forgive you :-)
You should try the feature and test the new graphs.

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.