jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Gomes Rodrigues <ra0...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java8 for 3.1 ?
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2016 14:19:32 GMT
Hi,

Do we have an idea in which OSes user rune JMeter?

If you check rebelLabs 2016 report (
https://zeroturnaround.com/rebellabs/reports/) we can read

"62% of respondents state that Java 8 is used
to run their main production applications. 28% of
respondents are on Java 7 with less than one in ten
using Java 6. The 1% sitting in the other category
consist of Java 5 users and some brave Java 9 power
users!"

Java 8 win.

TavisCI already check Java8 build. Why do you think that moving to 8 now
will take a lot of effort?

About bugs, have we got un process to review all the bugs and close some of
them (not a bug, not enought information....)?

Thank
Antonio