jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: Java8 for 3.1 ?
Date Sat, 10 Sep 2016 19:58:03 GMT
Am 10.09.2016 um 21:53 schrieb Vladimir Sitnikov:
> Felix>My main concern is, that we exclude all those people, that are
> Felix>still using java 7 (for whatever reason).
>
> Are there people who want to use JMeter 3.1 and they cannot use Java 8?
> If one is stuck with Java 7, then JMeter 3.0 will work just fine.
There are a few minor nags in 3.0 which I would really like to get
solved in a 3.1 or 3.0.1.

After that I am fine with updating to java 8.

> Is there anybody who contributes to JMeter and who cannot use Java 8?
As contribution is everything from writing patches to telling your
friends how awesome jmeter is, I have to say: I don't know ;)

> "we exclude..still using java 7" is not practical as there might be always
> be someone
> who "still uses java 7".
Right and that is why we will update to java 8 after the (hopefully
near) next release.

If everyone else thinks we should update to java 8 right now, I might
change my mind, though.

Felix