jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Axis of Performance improvement of Resource Download ?
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2016 19:14:49 GMT
On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 9:05 PM, Vladimir Sitnikov <
sitnikov.vladimir@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) Regarding content hashing there might be a question which hash function
> we should use.
> For instance, there's https://github.com/OpenHFT/Zero-Allocation-Hashing
> that
> offers fast implementations of some hash functions.
> FarmHash, CityHash, MurmurHash3
> We might want to apply it to other "MD5" usages.

good idea

> 2)
> Philippe>this has a certain CPU impact related to HTML parsing to extract
> the links.
>
> Do you have some numbers that represent "certainty"?

"certain"  in my sentence does not mean "certainty" :-) at least from what
I understand in english.
It more means "an impact of a certain degree".
No numbers, more of reasoning that Parsing (based on Jodd or JSoup) comes
at the cost of Regexp parsing, which I think has certainly :-) a cost right
?

> 3) Re "cache HTML parsing", it does not sound to be very useful. Typical
> pages I see have different content, so the cache there does not sound
> promising

That was my doubt. But take an ecommerce website where part of users are
navigating anonymously, don't you think an important part of the pages is
similar ?
- product page
- home page
- category page

Isn't why webperf SAAS exist ? I would say around 20% at least would be the
same. Maybe user could indicate in a way when to optimize and when not ?

> 4) What if we implement "fetch links only during the first sampler
> execution"?

Can you give more details on your idea ?

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.