jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject About using JavaFX WebEngine
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2016 19:00:57 GMT
Hello,
We had a discussion on using a more up to date browser (JavaFX one) in the
HTML renderer.
I think we also discussed of having it in our Roadmap for 2016/2017.

I made a little POC and it nearly works except that I think it may not suit
fully our need.

When it works the rendering is much better, you can see an example here at
the difference that we will be using loadContent (read below):

   -
   https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/javafx/interoperability-tutorial/swing-fx-interoperability.htm

Note that with this implementation, we face Font issues.

My POC uses WebEngine#loadContent:

   -
   https://docs.oracle.com/javafx/2/api/javafx/scene/web/WebEngine.html#loadContent(java.lang.String)

The issue is that it doesn't load any resources (for security reasons it is
not allowed to, it can only load local resources) so for many websites the
rendering is not great.

Using WebEngine.html#load(Stirng url)  might be better but it wouldn't
reflect what was downloaded by SampleResult.

Any thoughts or ideas ? Am I missing something ?
--
Regards
Philippe