jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Thoughts on 2 proposals
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2016 08:41:52 GMT
UBIK>because  you mentioned in the bugzilla CTT

I try to protect JMeter end-users from culprits like "when using adjust
timers CTT produces completely wrong load rate". I do not suggest to
discuss CTT drawbacks here.

UBIK>CTT has use cases but does not fit here due to variable pauses I think.

As far as I understand you message, CTT behaves bad even without "adjust
timers" feature. If that is true, then it is just a CTT issue, and it is an
off-topic for "adjust timers" thread.

UBIK>Because it is probably impossible.

Oh. I haven't touched the code of my exponential timer for more than two
years. It just works and produces the desired load. So "timer that matches
the configured throughput" is both possible, and usable by load test
engineers.

Unfortunately, the timer was rejected by both JMeter and JMeter plugins
teams.

JMeter thread:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jmeter-dev/201502.mbox/%3CCAB=Je-GON1QUxAD6nnzMLA0wh9JMpk8nh=y8UyLiHFg8MAOv3g@mail.gmail.com%3E

JMeter plugins thread: