jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From "Epp, Jeremiah W (Contractor)" <j...@cas.org>
Subject RE: Thoughts on 2 proposals
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2016 18:05:12 GMT

The actual test plan already isn't a full structural match, but I'm not much
a fan of the idea of making things even less clear.  My suggestion would be
to include shortcuts for some common/common-sense fragments in the UI.

e.g. you'd go to the context menu->add->fragment templates->"think delay"
...and it would insert the TestAction and Timer for you.

But if we consider the timers, I think a more useful semantic would involve
the ability to specify that the timer only fires on certain node types as a
standard feature.

e.g. It would be a property of timers and probably look something like so:

<stringProp name="Timer.nodeType">transaction</stringProp>

With this, you could drop two timers into your test plan root to set constant
throughput and the delay between transaction groups and that's all, folks.

Cheers,
Wyatt

Confidentiality Notice: This electronic message transmission, including any attachment(s),
may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged information from Chemical Abstracts Service
("CAS"), a division of the American Chemical Society ("ACS"). If you have received this transmission
in error, be advised that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of
this information is strictly prohibited. Please destroy all copies of the message and contact
the sender immediately by either replying to this message or calling 614-447-3600.