jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Python support for BSF Sampler
Date Sat, 16 Jul 2016 14:40:05 GMT
On 15 July 2016 at 19:19, Andrey Rubik <tirnotaure@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all!
>

> On 07/11/2016 01:07 AM, sebb wrote:
>>
>> Please ask the Python community if there are any suitable bindings.
>

> No one want do Python - Java bindings, but advising Jython. But i can't use
> jython because i can't install some native python modules into jython.
>
> I have an idea about workaround:
> when i want to add same sampler to tread group i can choose "OS Process
> Sampler" - and its cool idea, because i can run any binary or script (and
> native python scripts too) with any parametrs.
>
> But I can't do "OS Process Sampler" in "Pre Processors" and "Post
> Processors". Can some one add this useful ability.

Sorry, but I don't think that's possible.
Pre and Post Processors need access to the Java objects such as the
sample result.
And there would have to be some way to pass changes back.
This is not possible in general.

Whereas for the OS sampler, JMeter only needs the elapsed time and the output.
These are easily obtained.