jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Gomes Rodrigues <ra0...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Roadmap 2016/2017
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2016 14:06:55 GMT
Hi,

> On 27/07/2016 13:41, Philippe Mouawad wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I think we should work on a roadmap for JMeter to ensure:
>> - we prioritize some urgent work on it.
>> - we give visibility on future of JMeter to users
>>

>> I see the following things from most to less urgent:
>>
>> - http2 support. We depend on httpclient for this
>>

> For me, seems very important. +1!!!

+1

> - possible rework of core architecture to at least introduce a pool of
>> threads or switch to async model allowing us to take advantage of async io
>>

> Seems a lot of works in the JMeter's design.

I think it's a lot of work too but it will be great for the future

> - start a migration to JavaFX , a good opportunity would be to replace the
>> old browser used for html rendering
>>

> Hum. A lot of work.

Lots of work and I don't know if JavaFX is the best choice (I am not sure
that Oracle will invest a lot in it)

Why not have an Eclipse RCP client?

>> As side features:
>> - DSL ?
>> - JSON format instead of XMLfor jmx plans if dsl is too heavy change ?
>> - Fix undo /redo feature
>>

> Not priority?

I have no opinion on it.

Have an interactive report will be great too
It will allow to make better diagnostic.

For example, use Apache Zeppelin (https://zeppelin.apache.org/) will allow
this.
It can take csv file in input or database (e.g. apache cassandra) and
produce great custom graphic

Have Thread Groups like JMeter plugins (Stepping Thread Group, Ultimate
Thread Group, Concurrency Thread Group, Arrivals Thread Group, Free-Form
Arrivals Thread Group) will be great too.
Neoload and Loadrunner have it and are used for a lot of testers.

Another question, do we want to have an easy installation (like today with
a zip) or a more complex installation (a database + server + rich client)?

If you check HP Performance center (Loadrunner) and Gatling Frontline, they
have :
a rich client to script (vugen for HP and an IDE for Gatling)
a database to store load test result (cassandra for Gatling)
a web interface to run/check/view the load test

Same with SaaS JMeter solution

This solution is "more enterprise ready" and allow easy collaborative work

Antonio