jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache JMeter 3.0 released
Date Tue, 17 May 2016 20:29:29 GMT
On 17 May 2016 at 21:17, Milamber <milamber@apache.org> wrote:

> On 17/05/2016 21:07, sebb wrote:
>>
>> On 17 May 2016 at 21:03, Milamber <milamber@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> The Apache JMeter team is pleased to announce the availability of Apache
>>> JMeter 3.0 (r1743807).
>>
>> Except that the mirrors have yet to catch up.
>>
>> The announce should normally be sent 12-24 hours after the release is
>> published.
>

> No, since, the mirrors are gone from the Download Page, we are only the US
> and EU ASF mirrors on website, so the announce can be done after ~1 hour.

Huh? Since when?

That is not the case, and if it were, we would have to change the
download page because the US/EU mirrors are only supposed to be used
as backup.

The ASF does not have sufficient bandwidth to serve all its projects
from its servers which is why we rely on 3rd party mirrors.

Only the KEYS, sigs and hashes are linked from the ASF hosts.