jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ambiguous text in generating-dashboard.html
Date Sun, 08 May 2016 12:32:14 GMT
On 8 May 2016 at 13:13, Philippe Mouawad <philippe.mouawad@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 8, 2016 at 1:37 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 8 May 2016 at 12:16, Philippe Mouawad <philippe.mouawad@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > It's a formulation error.
>> > This format is supported
>>
>> But are there any formats which are not supported?
>>

> It accepts :
> ms
> of any SimpleDateFormat
>>
>> For example, how about this:
>>
>> jmeter.save.saveservice.timestamp_format='abcd'
>>
> It won't work with this, but what is this format ?  Is this an acceptable
> SimpleDateFormat ?

Yes. Fixed text is allowed in single quotes.

>> I suspect that may not be supported as it is does not provide any time
>> information.
>>
>> Does the format have to include both date and time?
>>
> See NormalizerSampleConsumer

That extracts the time from a Date which is parsed from the timestamp.

It does not tell me how the time is used.

Since the code uses a default of HH:mm:ss I assume that it does not
care if the date information is missing.

But does it care if the time information is missing, i.e. what about:

jmeter.save.saveservice.timestamp_format = yyyy/MM/dd

I suspect that would produce graphs that aren't very useful.