jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Milamber <milam...@apache.org>
Subject Download mirrors [was: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache JMeter 3.0 released]
Date Tue, 17 May 2016 20:48:50 GMT

On 17/05/2016 21:29, sebb wrote:
> On 17 May 2016 at 21:17, Milamber <milamber@apache.org> wrote:

>>> Except that the mirrors have yet to catch up.
>>>
>>> The announce should normally be sent 12-24 hours after the release is
>>> published.
>>
>> No, since, the mirrors are gone from the Download Page, we are only the US
>> and EU ASF mirrors on website, so the announce can be done after ~1 hour.
> Huh? Since when?

I don't remember. If I go to the JMeter Download page, I find only 2
locations for the download (since a lot of times)
(other projects like Ant, CloudStack, etc are in the same case)

> That is not the case, and if it were, we would have to change the
> download page because the US/EU mirrors are only supposed to be used
> as backup.

Perhaps that is a bug?

> The ASF does not have sufficient bandwidth to serve all its projects
> from its servers which is why we rely on 3rd party mirrors.

If I remember correctly that was a security issue with the way to
deliver the ASF software (but perhaps I mistake)