jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Refael Botbol <ref...@blazemeter.com>
Subject Re: Separate folder for 3rd-party plugins
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2016 11:08:54 GMT
I'm using lots of 3rd party plugins with JMeter and to me it will make life
much easier because:

   1. If i'm installing a new plugin which crashes - i can uninstall it
   quickly.
   2. It will give a clear list of which plugins I'm currently using incase
   I need to run my script on a different machine
   3. Upgrading JMeter to a newer version will be almost seamless (just
   updating the path to my 3rd party plugin..) that way I don't need to
   duplicate every plugin across multiple JMeter versions I have

On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 1:47 PM Andrey Pokhilko <apc4@ya.ru> wrote:

> No, I don't mean OSGification. I mean just classpath building.
>
> In case of library clash the earlier entry in classpath will win. At
> least, there will be easy way to understand which plugins set brings
> which library and reveal the plugins conflicts. For now, all guavas go
> into "lib" and you look at it with no idea "why did it happen and how to
> go out of it".
>
> Andrey Pokhilko
>
> On 04/04/2016 01:34 PM, Vladimir Sitnikov wrote:
> > Do you mean some kind of OSGification?
> >
> > What if different 3rdparties try to include different versions of, say,
> guava?
> > Which version will ultimately be loaded in your suggested approach?
> >
> > Vladimir
>
> --
Refael Botbol, BlazeMeter.
Director of Professional Services