jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: report-template EOL settings for text files
Date Sun, 24 Apr 2016 12:32:02 GMT
On 23 April 2016 at 18:14, Milamber <milamber@apache.org> wrote:

> I've commit the changes (r1740660). I don't know if the sbadmin package need
> to be include with the native/non native management?

native means that the files will be converted to CRLF for the zip and
LF for the tar archive if necessary
(e.g. conversion to LF is not necessary on Unix because native files
will already have LF)

non-native means the files don't change between OSes, so conversion is
not necessary.

> sbadmin package could be consider as a 'binary' package?

That depends.

If its text files are supposed to use the native format (i.e. CRLF on
Windows, LF on Unix), then these files must be flagged as
eolstyle=native, and they must be listed as native in build.xml.

If the text files are supposed to be EOL=LF on all OSes, then they
must be flagged as svnstyle=LF, and listed as binary/non-native in
build.xml.

==

The intention is that Zip archives have the EOL setting appropriate
for Windows (CRLF) and Tar has EOL=LF as used on Unix.

Therefore if you compare the contents of the source tar archive with
the SVN tag workspace on Unix it should agree exactly (no need to
allow for EOL differences).
Likewise if you checkout the SVN tag on Windows, it should agree
exactly with the contents of the source Zip archive.