jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dashboard errors
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2016 23:12:25 GMT
On 13 April 2016 at 23:55, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 13 April 2016 at 20:07, Milamber <milamber@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> When I try to have a generated report from command line, if the directory
>> toto don't exists:
>>
>> milamber@ender:~/temp/jmetertemp/dist/apache-jmeter-3.0-SNAPSHOT/bin$
>> ./jmeter -n -t
>> /home/milamber/Documents/5-Docs/JMETER_MODELES/Simple_blog.jmx -e -o toto
>> Writing log file
>> to:/home/milamber/temp/jmetertemp/dist/apache-jmeter-3.0-SNAPSHOT/bin/jmeter.log
>> An error occurred: null
>>
>> If I create the directory toto:
>>
>> milamber@ender:~/temp/jmetertemp/dist/apache-jmeter-3.0-SNAPSHOT/bin$ mkdir
>> toto
>>
>> milamber@ender:~/temp/jmetertemp/dist/apache-jmeter-3.0-SNAPSHOT/bin$
>> ./jmeter -n -t
>> /home/milamber/Documents/5-Docs/JMETER_MODELES/Simple_blog.jmx -e -o toto
>> Writing log file
>> to:/home/milamber/temp/jmetertemp/dist/apache-jmeter-3.0-SNAPSHOT/bin/jmeter.log
>> Incorrect Usage:Option -101 requires -108 option
>>     --?
>>         print command line options and exit
>> [etc....]
>>
>> Same results (Incorrect usage) with only the -e option....
>>
>> Ok with -l /tmp/results.csv option that's works.
>>
>> So 2 issues :
>>
>> 1/ if the output dir don't exists (and -l option isn't provide) : null
>> exception
>> 2/ if -l option is missing, the error message isn't very clear.
>>

> Both fixed.
>
> However, there is another problem.
>
> If the -o option is not used, the report unconditionally overwrites
> the default directory.
> That is inconsistent.

I thought it had, but turns out it did not ...

> The generate report code also does something odd.
> I noticed that the "... end of run" message was followed by a slight
> pause before the CLI prompt returned.
> So I moved the println to the end of the testEnded() method.
> But then it no longer appeared.
> Nor does a println appear if placed after the generateReport() method.
> That suggests that generateReport is preventing
> checkForRemainingThreads from working; not good.

... the problem is that if the -o option is not specified, the code
checks the default directory at the end of the run.
It then throws an IAE which is not caught by testEnded().

The stack trace appears in the log, but the shell does not show
anything, unlike with the -o case

Also it seems wrong to wait until the end of the test run to complain.
Though the problem is recoverable; it should be possible to re-run the
report independently.