jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Best location to download jmeter from using an unattended script?
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2016 16:00:21 GMT
Remember to quote the URL; it contains some shell meta-characters.

On 4 April 2016 at 13:29, Oliver Lloyd <oliver_lloyd@hotmail.com> wrote:
> That url is in theory exactly what I need and it works well in a browser but I'm not
able to make it work from the CLI using something like wget or curl. Does anyone know how
to make that cgi script serve me the file and not just the html for the download page?

>> On 3 Apr 2016, at 22:48, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 3 April 2016 at 20:46, Oliver Lloyd <oliver_lloyd@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>> Bintray sounds ideal. Speeds between dl.bintray.com and AWS are very fast.
>>>
>>> My issue is I can't really use a mirror because they change but linking to the
host servers is bad because they're not designed to serve these files. A distribution as a
service provider like bintray would definitely solve this problem.

vs. 'archive.apache.org/dist/ <http://archive.apache.org/dist/>...' and this seems better.