jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New website: horizontal scrolling?
Date Sun, 17 Apr 2016 12:33:21 GMT
On 17 April 2016 at 13:25, Philippe Mouawad <philippe.mouawad@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 17, 2016 at 2:12 PM, Andrey Pokhilko <apc4@ya.ru> wrote:
>
>> IMO, this block is first thing the eye finds while you look at the page.
>>
> Yes it was "intended" :-) but I agree twitter is too much.
>
> Github is an important way to get community involvement, in the last months
> the number of PR increased importantly. We need to let more user know about
> our mirror and the way to contribute. So for me the badges must be there.
> It is also important to show that project is "modern" with integrated CI
> through travisCI for example.

But is it the most important aspect of the menu?

I think not.

>> I think we'd rather drive people attention to something like quick
>> downloads/documentation access.
>>
> Those are easily found IMO

Yes, but are there's plenty of other more deserving causes.

>> I like the badges, it's good and modern to show them, but not as
>> heaviest CTA on the page. I'd put the badges into page header, into top
>> right corner.
>

> They were there previously.

Yes, I much preferred that.

>> Or as the most bottom block of the sidebar.
>>
> Bottom for me means invisible so useless.

So as it stands, the "Community" and "Foundation" sections of the menu
are 'useless' ?

>  For me they must be above the
> floating line and at the bottom of sidebar they are under it, you need to
> scroll to see them.

But you cannot have everything 'above the line' without a big redesign

>> With twitter links, I'd either move them into "community" block, or at
>> the most bottom of sidebar.
>>
> Same remark as above.

I agree that they fit naturally with the Community section.

>> Andrey Pokhilko
>>
>> On 04/17/2016 02:59 PM, Milamber wrote:
>> >
>> > Perhaps, we can remove the Tweet about the page button (not very
>> > useful I thinks), and use the small follow button.
>> >
>> > Remove the Fork number on github (useful?)
>> >
>> > And move github star and maven central version on the same line.
>> >
>> > The results is:
>> > http://i.imgur.com/L4eXNqp.png
>> >
>> > Better? I commit the changes?

Definitely better, but still too prominent for me.