jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal for some changes in Menus
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2016 19:16:21 GMT
On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 9:03 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 27 April 2016 at 19:50, Philippe Mouawad <philippe.mouawad@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > 1/
> > Currently Function Helper Dialog is in Options dialog which is not very
> > intuitive, I think it should be in Help menu
>
> -1
>
> It's not really a Help item in the normal sense.
> Also people will have got used to the location.

I as user , use it to help me generate the function syntax. I don't think
it's an option.

> > 2/ I propose to remove Change language from menu as to change language
> > effectively you also need to set a Java System property and some thinkgs
> > like tooltips are not managed
>
> I would be inclined to leave it as it can be useful for testing purposes.

So it's for developers ?

> > 3/ I propose to remove Look and feel menu item as it does not work
> neither.
> > Laf change only work after restarting.
>
> -1
>
> It works for me.
> And it's useful to be able to see the effect instantly.

@Sebb, @Vladimir

On MacOSX, it does not  work. Often only some test elements switch to the
new LAF which makes you think it works

Try this:
Switch from MacOSX to CrossPlatform
it seem to work
Click Help >Help => Laf is still MacOSX

And there are a multitude of other issues

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.