jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal for some changes in Menus
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2016 19:26:46 GMT
Hi Vladimir,
My answers below.

What do you think of point 1/ and 2/ ?

Thanks

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 9:19 PM, Vladimir Sitnikov <
sitnikov.vladimir@gmail.com> wrote:

> Philippe> Often only some test elements switch to the
> Philippe> new LAF which makes you think it works
>
> What makes you think of removing the feature?
> Is it hard to maintain?

It is broken and as it is possible to modify LAF through properties, I
prefer a working mechanism to a broken one.
Either we spend time on fixing it but IMO it is not worth the investment.

I think having features that "partially work" in JMeter is not good for the
product reputation.

> Do users complain about it?

I as a user complain about it. No kidding I am a frequent user of JMeter
and I think people either don't know about it  or don't use it, or live
with the bug.

> I do not switch LAF often, however I try it from time to time
> just to check if there is a better LAF.

You will still be able to through properties.

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.