jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Andrey Pokhilko <a...@ya.ru>
Subject Re: Separate folder for 3rd-party plugins
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2016 11:33:02 GMT
I'm fine with not putting this into 3.0, if it's important for you to
release it ASAP and you see a risk with this addition. I myself don't
see any risks as long as change is made and reviewed carefully.

With "search_paths" property, the problem is that user has to
reconfigure it for every new plugin set he installs. So instead of
simplifying life for user we would complicate it. "search_paths"
property implies that there's single and predictable plugins set for
installation. My idea is to have directory structure agreement that
allows any number of separate plugin sets from any vendors.

Andrey Pokhilko