jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Gomes Rodrigues <ra0...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Remaining Work before Release of 3.0
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2016 14:28:55 GMT
Hi,

My opinion about the remaining Work before Release of 3.0.

JMeter seems to have a significant technical debt and I think it's the
moment (because we can broke the compatibility) to reduce it

The technical debt I see:
Use of no maintained framework (Log, ORO)
Old school GUI
Complex GUI
Lack of official feature (JMeter plugin, Maven plugin, etc.)
Unused (to my opinion) element (Monitor Results listener, etc.)
In Listener element, mix between Debug listener (Assertion Results, etc.)
and "real" listener (Summary Report, etc.)
Default value of parameter (I still don't understand why "Generate parent
sample" is not true by default in Transaction Controller)
etc.

Some of them are complex to fix but other can be fix if anybody are ok to
brake the compatibility

Regards
Antonio

Cet e-mail a été envoyé depuis un ordinateur protégé par Avast.
<#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>