jmeter-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Antonio Gomes Rodrigues <ra0...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Remaining Work before Release of 3.0
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2016 15:57:26 GMT
Hi Sebb,

Thanks to your detailed answer

I find it unfortunate because it does not participate to show that JMeter
is a modern product but your arguments are good

Antonio



Cet e-mail a été envoyé depuis un ordinateur protégé par Avast.
www.avast.com
<https://www.avast.com/fr-fr/lp-esg-win-01a?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail&utm_term=OA-2109-C>
<#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

2016-03-04 16:29 GMT+01:00 sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com>:

> On 4 March 2016 at 10:38, Mark Collin <mark.collin@lazeryattack.com>
> wrote:
> > If the JMeter devs want to put it in core I have no issue with that,
> however the plugin is a maven project an I don’t think maven projects are
> wanted in JMeter core :)
>
> JMeter does not use Maven as its build tool.
> It would be a major effort to convert to Maven, so it's not going to
> be done just in order to support a Maven plugin.
> If indeed it is ever done (but that is another discussion).
>
> However the plugin clearly does not have to be part of the same source
> tree / build process as JMeter (it's not currently).
> I think it is better for it to have an entirely separate release
> process, as it is not only affected by the JMeter version.
> It's going to be far more dependent on Maven changes.
>
> Whether or not it is sensible for the JMeter project to own / maintain
> the code is another matter.
> I think not, because JMeter is usable with lots of other build / test
> tools, and is usable stand-alone.
>
> It does not make sense for the JMeter project to maintain plugins for
> all the possible tools.
> If we take on a Maven plugin, then how about Groovy, Jenkins,
> Buildbot, Gradle etc?
> This does not scale. Furthermore, the code most needs Maven developer
> expertise, not JMeter expertise.
>
> > The website is down at the moment, it’s in the process of being moved
> over to github.io. (I should probably update the README to note that)
> >
> >> On 4 Mar 2016, at 09:51, Antonio Gomes Rodrigues <ra0077@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Mark,
> >>
> >> I don't have problem with JMeter-Maven-Plugin (and your documentation
> >> rocks) in particularity
> >>
> >> It's only my experience with third party plugin in general and project
> with
> >> only one developer.
> >> And this experience is not always good and it's why I don't like to
> advise
> >> my customer to use these projects/plugins
> >>
> >> One question, why don't integrate officially your plugin to JMeter core?
> >>
> >> About your website, I have a timeout :-(
> >>
> >> Thanks to your feedback
> >>
> >> Antonio
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> Cet e-mail a été envoyé depuis un ordinateur protégé par Avast.
> >> www.avast.com
> >> <
> https://www.avast.com/fr-fr/lp-esg-win-01a?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail&utm_term=OA-2109-C
> >
> >> <#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
> >>
> >> 2016-03-04 9:29 GMT+01:00 Mark Collin <mark.collin@lazeryattack.com>:
> >>
> >>>
> >>>>>> Lack of official feature (JMeter plugin, Maven plugin, etc.)
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>> non official maven plugin exists and works rather nicely.
> >>>>> What do you mean by JMeter plugin ?
> >>>>>
> >>>>
> >>>> In general I have very bad experience with:
> >>>> third party plugin (not well integrate, not well tested, not up to
> date
> >>>> with the latest release, etc.)
> >>>> Plugin maintained by only one person (less motivation by the
> developer,
> >>>> etc.)
> >>>
> >>> Bug fixes for the maven plugin are happily accepted.  Also please add
> >>> issues for things that are:
> >>> Not well integrated
> >>> Not well tested
> >>> Not up to date
> >>> So that we can fix them (
> >>> https://github.com/jmeter-maven-plugin/jmeter-maven-plugin/issues).
> >>>
> >>> In regards to it being up to date:
> >>> The plugin didn’t support JMeter 2.12 Because there were transitive
> >>> dependency issues with the 2.12 maven release.
> >>> There were also transitive dependency issues with the JMeter 2.13
> release
> >>> that we tried to work around.  Version 1.10.1 of the plugin does use
> JMeter
> >>> 2.13.
> >>> Is there something else we have missed which makes you say it’s not up
> to
> >>> date (Feedback is the only way we can make it better)?
> >>>
> >>> We are planning a version 2.0.0 of the plugin to coincide with a 3.0
> >>> JMeter release.  The 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT is available in the Sonatype
> snapshots
> >>> repository if you want to try it out and provide some feedback so that
> we
> >>> can make it better that would be really useful.
> >
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message